RE: [RC] [RC] re: [RC] Changing Bit Question - Becky Rohwer - Laurie Durgin

Just don't ride with a martingale into deep water, your horse could drown, same with a tiedown.

From: "A. Perez" <walkergirl@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] re: [RC] Changing Bit Question - Becky Rohwer Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:09:39 -0400

  Get her teeth checked by an equine dentist or a vet
experienced in teeth-floating.  she may have a tooth problem
that is cuaseing the head-flipping.

  You might also ask a trainer, instructor or some other
knowlegable person to observe you rdining her, to see if they
can notice what is making her toss her head: could be something
in how you are riding her.

  If you want to try a martingale, a standing martingale would
not require a change of bits, as it attaches to the nose-band
(assuming your bridle has one) and does not effect the bit.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano

People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond