Re: [RC] Heart Rate Monitors - Timothy Worden

Hey Texas Pete!!  Roger Rittenhouse of VMAX is one the
pioneers of the use of heartrate monitors with horses.
VMAX is listed in the Endurance.net advertisers.  I'm
sure many people on this list also highly recommend
VMAX.  My wife and I just recently started riding and
training with them.  It's great to see the working
ranges of our horses.  If something doesn't seem
right, then the HRM will be a great tool in possibly
detecting it or catching it early.  For the longest
time I would not use one.  But listening to people
like Roger R. and Stagg Newman(who I consider my
mentor towards 1-day 100s) talk about the benefits of
a HRM, then I decided to try it.

Tim in NC

--- Peter Harper <peteharper1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just finished reading Nancy Loving's book and she
highly recommended training and riding with a heart
rate monitor.

Anyone out there have experience riding with a
monitor
and can offer recommendations on what type is best.
checked ebay and saw quite a variety for runners and
bikers.  Polar sells an equestrian belt that is
compatible with their wrist watch monitor.

Thanks,  Pete in TX

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

REAL endurance is your water freezing IN the cantle
bags!
~ Heidi Sowards

ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

I can tell you after sleeping in a tent, then in my truck, then in the back
of a trailer, then in a gneck trailer w/no LQ, and now in the new-to-me LQ
one, you don't sleep any better the night before in nicer digs - you're
just more comfortable while you're lying there obsessing :)
~  Tina Hicks