Re: [RC] [RC] Bitting, shallow mouth - Rosalie Marley

I've been able to use a "french snaffle" or "dr. bristol" bit with my shallow mouthed horse.   They are similar to a snaffle except that there is a middle link so the cannons don't make a sharp point into the roof of the mouth, and the "nutcracker" effect isn't nearly as pronounced.

(I always have to look up which one it is, one is a little more severe than the other, due to the angle of the middle link.  One is flat across the tongue, the other is on its edge across the tongue.  My horse does well with the flat one.)

Rosalie
Elkenchild wrote:
Oh, wow~! I think this might be what's wrong with my appy mare, she is shallow mouthed and hates the snaffle, but I've just finally started thinking about trying the curb. What a well-timed email! I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks, laura
--
Rosalie Marley
http://TigerHorseFarms.com