RE: [RC] [RC] HELP: New pain on the sides of knee - Laurie Durgin

DId you shorten them? I find I have to take up another hole or two to compensate for the depth. Also knee pain usually is related to position of leg and locking of your joints . too long or short can both cause it as if you're legs are too far forward.If you are reaching for the stirrups ,etther too far forward or too long you may be locking something up. That or your leathers? Sometimes people with western leathers have some problems that when they switch to english leathers goes away. Even locking your heels down can cause it....Try to 'check your joints and make sure everything is 'loose'....

From: Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   HELP: New pain on the sides of knee
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:56:00 GMT

Please Reply to: Sheri Thompson magical44@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have just recently been having a lot pain on the sides of my legs right at the knees. I usually get sore after going 35+ miles but now even just a short mile trot is making me wonder how I will be able to do Tevis. Everything has been the same except I did purchase new EZ ride stirrups to replace the older ones I had but nothing else has been changed. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong and/or what can be done to correct it besides lots of advil???

===========================================================...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~ Karen Chaton

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up ? now 3 months FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want. ~ Homer Safferwiffle