Re: [RC] urgent question. Vets?? - Lif Strand

I'm no vet, but some additional info might help solve this problem. Is your horse drinking normally? Peeing and pooping normally? Any temperature/fever? How about pulse and respiration - elevated or depressed from normal? How's the hydration? Any sign of intestinal distress? Rolling at all? Kicking at belly? Feet normal temperature or hot or cold?

I put him on a worming program and silennium (sp?) per doctor's orders (we are in a very sandy region).

For sand, I don't think it's selenium you mean - how about psyllium?

I bet the vets on this list could come up with lots of different causes for the symptoms you mention. I would consider getting your horse on probiotics of some sort right away - they can't hurt and they can make a huge difference in some cases.

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA

I think the term P&R, now, is really "Peeanar"... a word that means "vet
check".
~ Bonnie