From: rides2far@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]
Hey ya'll

Just looked at a 4 year old that when he was 2 had the surgery to clip
the little patellar (?) ligament that sometimes hangs on Arabians. (both
sides) He doesn't seem bothered in the least. Lady was very forthright
about the whole thing. Both his parents and several ancesters did
distance riding and the owner is a CT judge. She said she's been told
some horses who have it *may* be more prone to arthritis someday. She
said the vets claimed he might lay down more than other horses because of
it but that hadn't been the case. Other than that there's a lot to like
about him except maybe some pretty dainty legs with small joints,
granted, I like'em rugged but this guy's attitude was that of a *real*
charmer and he'd had a good start in life in education and environment.
Anybody wants to give me plus or minus opinions have at it. Pictures
available if you want to critique. :-) We're starting to shop pretty
heavily and it's such a challenge to weigh the plusses & minuses.

If people would just think of the hoof as the foundation for the horse like
a house foundation.  when your horse plants his foot down in the ground and
pushes forward if the foot isn't 100% balanced your chances of injury go
up.
~  Paula Blair