Re: [RC] Old Dominion - The Ride as told by Super (Part 5) - Stagg_Newman

(For those joining this thread in mid stream, this is the OD ride as told by
Jayel Super - now on leg from V4 to V5)

When we left the Little Fort Vet check, I could tell Stagg wanted to move out
since the other horses were only about 15 minutes behind.  With a new shoe
on I felt fine.  And since Charlie and I had been taking it easy we were ready to go.
So we cruised up the gravel road to the Fort Powell campground.
Then lots more rocks where Charlie (actually on orders from Sue) insisted we slow down.
Then we cruised down the mountain into Pickett Springs.

V4 to V5 was fastest 10 miles of day (about an hour).  Went straight into P&R.
Really had to chow down as  Sherman's gap was next and 20 minute holds do not
give much time for serious eating.

None of our buddies behind us were into the check point when we left.