[RC] Arab versatility - Dot Wiggins

There are very few things that Arabs can not do well if they get the chance.
Some of the most successful timed event game horses I've known have been
Arabs and part Arabs.   I've seen some great rope horses (and general ranch
horses) that are Arabs.
Someone else will have to look it up, but I read long ago that in the first
several years the National Cutting Horse Assn Champ was an Arab.
In the late 50s on the Intermountain Show Circuit the "High Jump"  Class
(one jump, raised each round till nobody left) was won by an Arab several
times.  One rider won every year for some time.  He had two horses, a little
grey Arab and a small palomino QH.  He always won, just which horse.)

I have been pleased with what seems to be a new focus of AHA toward
something besides the "elite" show class group.   When these folks stop
selling to each other the market dies, there is nothing to market to the
general horse buyers.

There is a reason the Arab registration numbers are the only breed losing
ground.

They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~  Dr. Barney Flemming DVM