Re: [RC] Letters to the World -- showing - heidi

Hah!  I hardly consider myself to be part of any elite with respect to
endurance, but I do expect most neophytes to follow the exact same sort
of  footsteps I go in - to have a wonderful relationship with horses on
beautiful trails and meet great people who, even though they're on the
same  trail with you, aren't trying to knock you down and in fact will
help you  achieve your goals just as they are trying to achieve yours.
 What NFL  player would help a rookie player from an opposite team?  You
know in  endurance that happens all the time!

The wonderful part about endurance is that all you don't have to compete
to  the NFL level, you can play Pop Warner football forever, and you
*still*  are a winner.  In fact, with endurance, every time you hop on
your horse  you are having a great time, and you can get involved with
practically all  the benefits endurance has to offer - healthy bodies
and minds, wonderful  relationships with your horse, enjoyment of trails
and the outdoors, *free*  mentors and training/conditioning advice -
without ever even having to  enter an endurance ride!

Bingo, Lif.  And this is why endurance sells horses to people who just
want to go ride, even if they never set foot on a sanctioned trail.

 Many have jobs that don't allow it even if they had the dedication
and
some of us just like to hack around on our buddies--- a 4 hour ride at
 the beach is just fine.

And that, my friend, is exactly what the AHA should be promoting about
Arabian horses!  A 4 hour ride on the beach IS distance riding for many
people!

If you have time for a 4-hour ride on the beach, you have a heckuva a lot
more time than I have to condition my endurance horses!  I don't think
I've spent 4 hours a week horseback since I got back into riding, on
average, unless I'm at a ride.  It is the consistency of riding that
counts, and anyone who spends 4 hours at the beach every week actually
RIDING already HAS a horse ready to go complete endurance rides...

Heidi

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards