[RC] water troughs - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Theresa thmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I manage a ride wear water must be brought into ridecamp.  Since I am the first
ride of the year in my area, with some newbies showing up, I try and prevent
the spread of disease.
I know nothing is guaranteed, but I try and do my part.
I have three water troughs, and as ride management I also provide three
"dipping" buckets.  As a rider or crew person, you would use the provided
"dipping" bucket to get water out of the trough, then you would pour it into
your bucket that you would then take back to your horse for drinking or
sponging.  By using only the "dipping" bucket in the trough, it hopefully
eliminates most of the horse slobber and snot from the tank.
That's the theory.

Theresa in Minnesota

This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~  Dr. Barney Flemming DVM