[RC] bloodwork and recovery - spiritwood@xxxxxxxxx

Hi Ridecampers,
I am looking for info regarding equine bloodwork values and recovery from a
tye up for my daughter's mare.  I have several questions.
1. Do I keep her off work until her blood values are all in the normal
range?
2. What kind of time schedule should I plan for to bring her back into work?
3. I am being told conflicting information: that she should be on complete
rest for some unknown period of time, and that she should be worked almost
daily to prevent future epsiodes of tyeing up.
4. I can look at her bloodwork and see which values are abnormal, but am
not sure which are the ones that should keep her resting until they recover.
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Becky

http://mail2web.com/ .

than crewing for a female Endurance rider is crewing
for a wet, tired female Endurance Rider! A good crew person has patience, a
sense of humor, and knows that sometimes it's best to say nothing at all!
~  Jim Holland