Re: [RC] [RC] Brenderups - terry banister

Yes, the horses love the Brenderup. My first endurance ride was such nasty weather, I kept the horse in the trailer all night!
The Baron two-horse has the only decent tack room for camping.
But it is still basically only good for ONE person because of lack of saddle space. I removed the built-in saddle rack and put in a 35-gallon saddle rack water tank. It can hold two saddles, but I use it to pile my feed and feed tubs, etc. on the other side.
Also put the trap door in the UP position and hang all my blankets up high and out of the way on a portable blanket bar.
You can pull the B with almost anything, so you can buy a cheap van to sleep in, and set up the Zodi propane shower and a porta-poti in the trailer.

I have had mine for 3 1/2 years now, hasn't needed any maintenance, and don't ever need to buy another trailer (unless I win the lottery and buy too many horses).

Terry
"May the Horse be with you"

>From: GoTory@xxxxxx
>To: karlawatson@xxxxxxxxxxx, ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [RC] Brenderups
>Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 01:54:16 EDT
>
>I was so happy with the Brenderup 2 horse (Baron with the tack room) bought
>with my riding partner, that I bought a used Solo (thanks, Catfish!!) that I
>can pull with my Toyota. Friends that decided to go with a less expensive
>trailer are regretting it, and lust after our Brenderups, especially after pulling
>the Baron over the Sierras. I recommend your friend get the tape (free from
>Pat Chowning) and watch it once- and then go really look at trailers, and then
>watch it a second time...so it makes sense... the new ones have some
>improvements I really like- height adjustmentable chest and butt bars, diamond plate on
>the fenders. Better(safer) butt bar on the Solo. I still prefer the older
>style storm door and am glad I have it. What sold me on the first one was
>climbing on chairs to feel the ceilings on the trailers at the Expo in
>Sacramento.. and going into a completely closed up Brenderup, parked in the sun in the
>middle of a lot- and it was cooler INSIDE than anywhere else that day!
>nikki
>There is something so magical about being out at night after being on the
>trail all day on a long 100 with miles left to go.
>~ Tom Noll
>
>ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long