Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Man vs. Horse speeds & Shermans Gap at the OD- Truman Prevatt - Truman Prevatt

Don't think that. Sherman's is only one protion of the trail. There are seven other major climbs!. Kidding aside the OD is a wonderful ride. The ride management does a wonderful job. It is a challenging but doable trail. Go for the Gusto - go for the OD. I hear a few years ago one rider (a well know vet who had vetted the OD and decided to ride it) had wine with her crew - she took a glass of two at each check. She finished fine- maybe there is a lesson there.

Truman

A. Perez wrote:
That's it... after reading all this, I am never gonna do the OD.

Amanda the chicken (buck-buck-buck-buckACK!)

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
At the end of the day maybe the definition of endurance isn't the length of
the ride but rather the spirit in which it is ridden.
~  Maryanne Stroud Gabani

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."