[RC] Endurance Clinic in the SE - rides2far

Hey all you SE newbies.  SERA and GERA along with the Oconee Ride
management is sponsoring an all day seminar for beginning endurance
riders next Friday (the day before the Oconee 30/55. The information is
below. Ann Cofield contacted me a while back and asked if I'd speak along
with several other experienced...and not so experienced riders. (one
rider who's done one LD and will relate what she learned). Sounds like
she's get it well broken down into interesting topics. I claimed two of
my favorites...goal setting and sponging...and got assigned "what I look
for in an endurance horse" which may be more valuable to use in the
process of elimination than anything!>g<

Ann was already experienced back when I was a newbie and she's really got
a gift for bringing new people into the sport and keeping them. Nobody
will be more gracious answering questions and helping you feel like
you've got a place in this sport than she will.  The cost of the seminar
is deducted from the entry fee the next day so there's no reason not to
jump on this. Last I heard they already had around 20 signed up. Hope to
meet some of you in person.

Angie McGhee

THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES?

ENDURANCE RIDING CLINIC

June 25 ?26  2004       Oconee WMA, Near Eatonton, GA

Friday, June 25         9:00 AM         Registration

Cost:   $25 for the day         Audit - $10

Saturday, June 26       Endurance Ride  30 or 55 miles

Cost for 30 miles:  $65 minus $25 for the clinic        ($40)

Or, Ride training loop, approx. 15 miles                $15

At the end of the day on Friday, riders can decide whether to ride 30
miles or the training loop. All horses will go through
the vet checks.

The Oconee Ride Management, Georgia Endurance Riders Association, and
Southeastern Endurance Riders Association sponsor this clinic.

For additional information about the sport of endurance riding

Contact Ann Cofield for a starter packet and to register for the
clinic. 770-271-1459 or anncofield@xxxxxxx

American Endurance Ride Conference      aerc.org

Southeastern Endurance Riders Association       sera.org

Registration forms available April 1, 2004

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what
a ride !! "

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
I don't think you have to join a gym or buy frilly outfits to get some
fitness.  A decent set of shoes and a 15 minute dismount here and there
will help.
~  Jon K. Linderman, Ph.D., FACSM, Assistant Professor of Health and Sport
Science, University of Dayton