[RC] OD -- Ride Managment - SteelSideDown

Huge Thank You to the Ride Management!

There were plenty volunteers, food, and special treats!

At check-in, we were given a canvas OD keepsake bag filled with; maps, schedule, and some yummy "Clif" bars to pack on our saddles.  Cool!

Walking back to the trailer, I found a "hospitality center" with hot coffee, hot water + oatmeal mix (perfect for that rainy Friday), lemonade, chips, and chocolate.  A message board was posted, and table with entries to other rides and info on the raffle horse (he's a looker!).  (Am I really on a trail ride?)

Caterers were organized for Friday night, Sat night, and Sunday, AM.  So, no matter when you showed up, for whichever ride, you were fed!

Of course, the 4-H center includes some real bathrooms with hot showers, so the damp rain didn't stand a chance against my steam bath.

It all made for one of the most pleasant OD's ever!

Jen
5th in the 50!

P.S. -- On the funny, but not funny side.  There was glow stick vandalism again this year.  It affected one rider, who took it well, as he was already over max time, when he and the drag riders came to the unmarked section of trial.  Now for the funny part, the "vandals" apparently cut open the glow sticks and dumped all the liquid on one member of the gang -- the result a glowing swamp thing type creature riding around the mtn in the back of a pick up!  Hmm wonder if that stuff leaves a rash?  Justice?