Re: [RC] Bare-Backing It - Chris Paus

LOL... I used to bare back it a lot as a kid. Much better balance then. And hey, we have Barq's rootbeer up here in Kansas.

Did you know that Barq is Arabic for "lightning"

chris

Sonshine575@xxxxxx wrote:
In addition to riding bareback, we would tie the horses to the bumper of a car at the local grocery store while we would go in for ice cream and Barq's Rootbeer (only sold in the South in the early 70's).  The horses loved to eat that stuff with us, out of the bottle.   Noone ever drove off with a horse.  We  would ride in the river and then run out and down the road home because we didn't need to stop and put on a saddle.  Our legs were chapped from riding in shorts on sweaty horses on the hot, humid Mississippi Gulf Coast (on a gaited Morgan I might add!!!)  Those were the good old days.

Catherine Schultz

"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus