[RC] Things I learned at Old D 2004 - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Mary Coelman caf@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. It's far easier to ride than crew.
2. It's far easier to crew for 75 than 100.
3. Waterproof blankets sell great in June
  if it rains!
4. An amazing amount of help is needed and it
  would have been nice if more people were
  willing especially some that were crewing
  and waiting anyhows.
5. It is possible to set-up Old D tents, sell
  Old D souvenirs, time, record, etc. (just ask
  Charles) and be home at a decent hour Sunday.
6. Morgan weather does not mean horses don't
  receive treatment! Just ask Amy.
7. Without the radio crews keeping track of
  what's going on is impossible. AKs me.
8. Read the map don't count on the help knowing
  which way the trail goes. Ask the 100s milers.
All kidding aside they were some problems this year
but what an undertaking hosting 4 rides with close to
200 riders total. I did what I could to assure things
went well while crewing for the 75 and I actually had
a great weekend! mary c

If people would just think of the hoof as the foundation for the horse like
a house foundation.  when your horse plants his foot down in the ground and
pushes forward if the foot isn't 100% balanced your chances of injury go
up.
~  Paula Blair