Re: [RC] Shock Treatment - Jennifer Layman

Are you refering to shock wave therapy??  I have used it on a very stubborn suspensory with huge success.  It broke up scar tissue like a dream.  This horse had been lame with this suspensory for a year.  After two treatments of shock wave he was sound.  Brought him back slowly and he has been sound as a dollar to this day.  I don't know how well it is working on arthritis.

Jennifer

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: Joni joani2314@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone heard of the new procedure called shock treatment?
Any good bad results? Used for arthritis.

There must be a full understanding between the horse and rider for entry
into the top competition brackets. There must be a confidence established
that the desired position is attainable. There must be a caring for the
horse, on the part of the owner, so as to not exceed the physical limits in
the heat of competition. There must be a well planned training program that
will result in the necessary equine attributes.
~ Bob Morris