[RC] S-Hackamores - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Dana Wicher wicherd2001@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a 4-year-old Arab gelding that I plan on taking to some CTRs later this
year.  I started him under saddle last fall and have been riding him in a
biothane sidepull.  He listens really well to me in the sidepull but I would
like to get him in something different before the CTRs (just in case).  I was
thinking maybe an S-Hackamore (I kind of like the idea of no bit), but then I
read somewhere that they should only be used with more advanced horses (i.e.,
like a curb bit).  Any opnions on this?  I have a french-link snaffle laying
around here somewhere ... would it be better to go with that?

Dana

year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes