Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] UCSC Banana Slugs

The banana slug, on a training ride, is a wonderful sight.......when i come upon one i carefully make sure my horse doesn't step on one.......The are so big and YELLOW and it would be an awful shame to ever step on one.   I think they are the treasure of the santa cruz mountains.......

     if a snake crosses the road and my horse steps on that, it doesn't bother me near as much, they have so much body left........but one big hoof can completely crush a banana slug and that folks is that.......
         cathy