Re: [RC] Marking the OD Trail up Sherman's Gap - Truman Prevatt

So there is a rock every 3.01 inches instead of every 3 inches ;-). Peolpe have been hauling rocks off that mountain for years but no dent has been made. The OD is rocks.

As someone I ended up crewing for a few ago years - when I went out to meet him coming into McCoy's Ford (right after Sherman's) said, "...whoever  <explicative deleted>  put that climb at 80 miles should be shot!".

Good luck to all starting out Saturday at 5:00 AM and 6:00 AM or whatever time they start out.

Truman

Flora Hillman wrote:

I hope the 75/100 mile riders realize the trail up Sherman's Gap will be slightly less rocky this year ....because I physically walked back down the mountain leading my pony,  kicking away and tossing off as many of the loose rock as possible. They sure better appreciate it, too, since I'd just gotten my nails done!  :-)

Tomorrow is vetting in.  I'll be back at the Pickett Springs vet station in the afternoon to ride up Sherman's Gap one more time to inspect my ribbons, make sure everything is in order, and kick a few more rocks out of the way for the ride on Saturday.

Here's wishing all the OD 75 and 100 mile riders "Good Luck"!!

--
"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity

"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity.

  For this reason, he has integrity. The person of inferior integrity

  never loses sight of his integrity.  For this reason, he lacks integrity."