Re: [RC] spider web face - Suzi Maiorisi

Boy isn't that the truth!  Anything that'll eat a black widow is definitely a friend!!  We also get brown recluse spiders here - I've seen the damage they can do to a person, but never actually seen the spider...
Suzi.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] spider web face

No kidding, some spiders are really our firends. We have this spider in FL, I'm sure he lives other places but I've only seen him here, that is very interesting. He doesn't build a web but he jumps. They are about 3/8 inch long. light brown with dark brown markings and look "fuzzy." We moved to FL from near Denver. The Denver area is over run with black widows. We must have brough a few in the boxes with us. One day I was sitting on the pourch having something to drink after being outside working and I saw this widow in the corner. I was about ready to kill it when I saw one of these jumping spiders out the corner of my eye who seemed to be approching the widow. At one point he jumped the widow and proceeded to kill and eat her.

I said to myself - I'm never killing one of these guys.

Truman

Suzi Maiorisi wrote:
The golden orb spiders are FRIENDS...they catch grasshoppers in their webs and eat them...grasshoppers in Texas are a huge problem.  We even have these little black and white fuzzy spiders that don't seem to make webs, but live on every available door knob and those guys can catch a grasshopper as it's flying by...NO LIE...I had been killing these until I watched that lovely display!  What I couldn't learn to live with (and have some pretty funny pictures of my sister killing!) is the geckos...the almost translucent ones...I know, they eat bugs, too, but geez Louise they lived IN my house in Hawaii and you couldn't get them out.  Friends ended up giving me a gold Gecko charm for eventually learning to watch the eggs hatch, LOL.
Happy Hunting,
Suzi.

--

"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity.

  For this reason, he has integrity. The person of inferior integrity

  never loses sight of his integrity.  For this reason, he lacks integrity."

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->