[RC] Do you know this horse? - sherman - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Karen jklynd@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I purchased a 3 year old half Arab *Bask++ grandson last year.  His full sister
is doing very well in endurance and has earned several top five finishes and
BC's this year.  I wanted to know more about his Polish Breeding, so I
purchased the video tapes of the Polish Symposium on "the benefits, concepts
and principles of selective line breeding."  This symposium was put on by the
Arabian Horse Legacy Inc., in collaboration with the W.K. Kellogg Arabian Horse
Library.  You can purchase it at
http://www.ahlegacy.com/cgi-bin/shopper.exe?preadd=action&key=PolishSymposium
or view at least part of it at
http://video.csupomona.edu/WKKArabianEvents/2003.htm .  I remember a discussion
on the videos of Wielki Szlem (see picture at
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/arablyyrs/WIELKI.htm) , as well as many other of
the old Polish horses.  Kuhailan Haifi, known for his athletic prowess, sired
Ofir, who produced Witraz (sire of *Bask++), Wielki Szlem and *Witez II. There
is a nice summary of Polish bloodlines at
http://www.arabianhorses.org/education/education_bloodlines_polish.asp .  Also,
just type in the horse's name (such as Wielki Szlem and polish on GOOGLE, and
you should find all kinds of information and photographs. Have fun!

Karen

so magical about being out at night after being on the
trail all day on a long 100 with miles left to go.
~  Tom Noll