[RC] The Old Guard - goearth

Back in the early 60's i lived in Arlington, Va. across the street from Ft. Myer and got to look out my window in this apartment complex that was for poor folk and now is mostly Hispanics, to see the horses that were used in the Old Guard.  I remember well a horse called Black Jack who was used to carry JFK's caisson because then you could go visit the stables and pet the horses and see the tack and smell the stables.  I never forgot those times.  Now with DC taken over by another funeral and the Old Guard taking part in the passing of another President, it takes me back to times when they were innocent, or so we thought. ts