[RC] conformation question: hip size/proportions - A. Perez

 In the thread about 'no-name breedings' a comment was made
about hips as the horses 'motor' (I forget who made the
posting).  What is the 'ideal' proportion between the length of
hip vs length of the back?  Can anyone point to a photo of horse
or horses illustrating this ideal?  Also, is this apparent in
foals/young horses or does the proportion change/develop with
age?

Thanks!

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
Of course things aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins