Fw: Re: [RC] Polish Horses for endurance-Bask? - Renie M burnett

I have excepted this little gem from Judy Houle, this is fantastic!!

"When I was little back east, we kept a retired show
stallion for 3 years at our place, who was part
Kellogg breeding, and part old line Polish.  He wasn't
tall, but he was substantial and had a temperament
like a gelding.  His name was Seoul, AHR 6358, and was
born in 1950 at the tail end of the US Cavalry Remount
Program on the Kellogg ranch!  His sire was Bataan.  I
remember seeing Czubathan in his pedigree, which I'm
pretty sure was old line Polish.  I can't find his
pedigree right now, but I also remember his mother was
bred to Raseyn twice.  He was CMK crossed with Polish
if I'm not mistaken.  He had an extremely successful
show career in about 5 different disciplines, and then
the owner got divorced and couldn't afford to keep him
at the stable.  We bred him to every mare in the
neighborhood for $50 a pop!  One of these days I
should get the CD to do my own bloodline research."

I dug around and found an old magazine article about Seoul; Among other things in the article, it states:

 "An Army product, foaled in 1950 at a California remount Station, son of BATAAN, (*Czubuthan X *BA-Ida,  they called him SEOUL (AHC 6358).  A run down showed that he garnered six performance championships, 29 trophies, 99 ribbons (37of the blues) in 19 different types of classes--Eng. Pleasure, Western Reining, road Hack, Equitation, W. Pleasure, Stock horse, Pole Bending, 3-gaited, Costume, cutting and Dressage, among others".  They (the Briidgeman's) did not stick to Arabian Ranks; They took on all comers at any show that was handy. Open competition against all breeds and types--the New York state Horse Breeders Show, The National Show at Madison Square Garden, NY State fair Eastern All-American, etc. In answer to the question "What is this horse SEOUL?" the Bridgeman's modest reply was "just another Arabian fun family horse--maybe just a wee part of our family."    Now, wouldn't you all like to have a horse like that?!!  Incidentally, there weren't many endurance rides then, but I bet he'd a done good.....Renie