Re: [RC] [RC]   belmont-bloodlines-racing-cmk - Chris Paus

My stallion is a retired Arab racer. He ran from 1986
to 1990. He won quite often and his best races were at
the mile. His times were about 1:54 in the mile. I do
believe current Tbs run the mile faster than that, but
I'm not sure how TBs who raced in the same decade as
Szybki stack up.

chris

--- RUNAWAYWOM@xxxxxxx wrote:
another question.   anybody ever matched up a good
racing arabian against a thoroughbred?  just to see?
 i was curious. if so, what distance would be a good
test, i mean a track race, not 50 or 100!  :-)

Ed,
  In Oleno, High Springs Florida, we used to have a
Pony Express ride. You needed a team of 3 horses and
riders to ride a 5 mile loop through the woods with
the riders passing off the saddle bags(mail) to the
next rider at the starting point. I did this race
every year and won. The first year I used one Arab
(G.F. Fazeer) and two other friends rode theirs. The
next year I rode 2 of my Arabs with a friend riding
her Arab as the second horse, we won. The third year
I rode all 3 of my Arabs, jumping from horse to
horse at the start(wasn't easy).
My horse Spirit dumped me twice on the trail when he
was spooked by some deer running by. I won, my
overall time with all three horse was the fastest.
     The fastest single time was run on a
thoroughbred, luckily that team only had one fast
horse. They don't have the Pony Express anymore
because they were tired of me winning every year.
But as my trainer said "you did your homework"
Roxanne

You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day
rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the
finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long

ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
Of course things aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins