Re: [RC] Breeding "No-Names"/CMKs for WSTR - Lynne Glazer

Great perspective, Beth, well-expressed. Can I toss something into the stew? A part of why these folks get lots of breeding is that they use professional equine photographers to get those gorgeous "pin-up" images. Part of why many smaller breeder ads come off as also-rans is because they use low res, poorly posed, distracting backgrounds, poorly lit "snapshots" that aren't in any way optimized for print! Garbage in, garbage out.

If you want more breedings, spend a little for pro work! Or, learn how to do it yourself. There's a yahoogroup called "Equine Photographers" sponsored by the Equine Photographers Network, to help people learn how to shoot horses effectively (and manage the business side if they want to go in that direction, www.yahoogroups.com)

As a CMK fan myself (one with 71%, one with 68%) it's been particularly galling to see how bad the CMK stallion ads are.

Lynne
EPN member
shooter of "Mr. October" in the "pin-up magazine" 04 calendar  :-)