RE: [RC] [RC] [RC] flexor tendon injury - Catfish Daniels

Great book !!!!!!!!!!

From: Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [RC] [RC] flexor tendon injury Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:27:41 GMT

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Call your vet. Typically, Flexor tendon injuries are a relatively
> long process to heal depending on what's wrong with the tendon.
> Press your vet for a more precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Agreed!

Also, I recommend reading "The Bowed Tendon Book" by Tom Ivers.  It
contains lots of information on diagnosis & treatment of tendon
injuries.

~Nicole

The very essence of our sport is doing the trail as quickly as practicable,
while keeping one's horse fit to continue.  Taking the clock out of the
equation makes it another sport altogether.  The challenge is how to keep
the sport what it is while honing our skills (both as riders and as those
in control roles) in detecting where "the edge" is for each horse so that
we don't cross it.
~  Heidi Smith

Many of the endurance riders in our top echelons of competition, now and in
the past, exemplify the 'common man' not the hierocracy. It is this
possibility, this chance to come to the fore, that makes endurance
competition of the Aussie/American type so much more desirable to part of
the world.
~  Bob Morris