Re: [RC] bloodlines - Chris Paus

Attitude is a lot of it for sure! I have a 4Yo mare
I'm trail training. She's taking to it like a duck to
water. Put her in a show ring and she comes unglued.
Put her out on the trail, either alone or in a crowd,
and she's a happy camper.

chris
--- larry Miller <jcmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Attitude.  Don't forget the horse's mental attitude.
 No matter what the bloodlines (my favorites have
Raffles, CMK, old Egyptian), the horse will not be
good at going down trail if it doesn't like it.
Mental attitude says alot.  The eye, nice chest, and
wide behind are some of the things I look for.
Amazing but all my guys have had some Polish,
Raffles, Crabbit, old Egyptian for the most part but
the number one thing is that they all liked the job
that I asked them to do.  Jeanie

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~  Dr. Barney Flemming DVM