[RC] Guts - goearth

Hello,  i never knew just how complicated the horse gut was.  Not being a scientist or Vet and not being real smart its an eye-opening experience to find out there is about 1.7 litres of acid that comes into that gut every hour and the horse being a grazing animal, they need food substance to neutralize this acid.  And to find Antacids are frowned upon to neutralize this acid build-up.  Maybe thats why by some estimates up to 90% of performance horses have ulcers.  My Mother told me the ole time saying.."An ounce of prevention prevents a pound of cure." tom sites