Re: [RC] [RC] Horse Energy/Mitochondrial Inheritance... - Jean Diaz

There are also other things that go through
daughters, not sons.  Scientific American had an article a few years ago
"When greatness skips a generation" that followed this in TB's.  It was
brought up because Secretariat was such a disappointing sire of fast
horses.  I have noticed that he is starting to show up in fast TB
pedigrees, but haven't looked to see if it his daughters that are responsible
like was predicted in the article.

Yes, Secretariat has developed quite a reputation as a broodmare sire
(Smarty Jones' grandsire, Gone West, is out of a Secretariat
daughter).  The theory, which has had at least one book written about
it (that I have not read) is that there's a gene carried on the X
chromosome which is responsible for an unusually large heart.

Ambar
http://ambararabians.com/
It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano