[RC] Muscle Injury-How to condition - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Lisa Powell lspow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi!

I just did my first 25LD ride at Liberty Run and got hooked.  I wish I could do
this sport every weekend.  My ride went great until the last vet check.  My 5
year old Morab was off on his left hind.  Otis recommended having Michael the
massage therapist work on my horse (thank you Michael!!!)  He massaged Luke's
inner groin area to loosen the muscle.  After 15 minutes, I went through the
vet check again and was given a complete for the ride.  I was so happy!  Luke
was fine by the next day, but needs some conditioning in that area of his hind
quarters.  He needs to learn how to use his back end more.

Does anyone have any conditioning tips on how I can strenghten his hind
quarters.  I do alot of walking hills, but need more ideas.  Any advice would
be greatly appreciated!

Lisa Powell
Suwanee, GA

a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long