From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ridecamp Guest
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 4:52 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] To breed or not to breed

Please Reply to: Jody jody.buttram@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, well, well.

Now I see why people get their panties in a wad on RC.  I was
enjoying my brief stay here, I suppose that I have been corrected
for abusing my horses.  Poor little babies.  I will agree with
some of what was said, it is a gamble, but it is a gamble with
any endurance prospect.  This could be a baby from a proven cross
or one that was bought with the hopes of making a champion.  So,
I will leave it at this:  I have been involved with this idea on
and off for 25 years.  I have raised only about 5 or 6 in this
manner.  So far all have worked out...no sway backs yet. ;) And
if I am breeding the "extremely poor quality mares " to overrun
the world of endurance, well forgive me.  I haven't sold the
first one yet.  (They have all been too good to sell)  I will
end this post like this:  Been nice to write to you guys, but now
I know how Howard feels.  I think I will go back to sitting in
the background watching the rest of you fight back and forth
like a cheap soap.  If anyone wants to see how my poor quality
horses have done.  Here is my AERC # 1114.  Should have my
10,000 miles in 255 more!!!!!!  Yeehaa!!!!!!!!!!

Riding alone is when you teach a horse all the "tools" and "cues" he needs
to handle the trail, to hold a speed, deal with hills, etc. It's also where
you develop the "bond" that causes him to "defer" to you before losing his
cool.
~ Jim Holland