[RC] speaking of breeding: at what age can/should a filly be bred - A. Perez

 There was a thread awhile ago about 2 year-olds being too
young to breed, but I don't recall anyone saying how early one
coukd/should breed a mare.  I recently visited a relative of my
husband who breeds fancy warmbloods (hanovarian/oldenburgs).
She said she often breeds fillies at 2, which surprised me,
though her 2 year-olds are HUGE and her stallion is less so.
She said she has had no trouble with it, and her mares seem to
hold up well.

 Part of the reason I asked for comments on my fillies
confirmation was because, if I don't sell her, I might breed her
(did get many responses, btw).  She is 2 now, and I wouldn't
breed her now as she has alot of growing to do... would her 3rd
spring be too soon?

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If you
see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm