Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Appys/arabs

Thanks for that! I'm breeding my appy mare to an arab/appy stallion tommorrow (so excited!!!), but you wouldn't believe how much crap I'm getting for it. People saying "ewww, arab, why not some quarterhorse?" Gag me with a spoon. I've never personally had a good arab experience, but I think all the ones I've looked at have been the cheap hot ones that no one wants, so hopefully breeding my own goes well! Do people find arab prejudices all over, or is that a eastside of the NW phenomenon.
And, to make this endurance related... someone asked why one would
want Arab x Appy for endurance rather than foundation Appy.  For
some of us Arabians are THE breed of choice.  Not just for endurance,
but for everything.  I have had Arabians & been breeding them
longer than I've been in endurance. So, the Arab x Appy is in
hopes of the best of both (and I, for one, would choose the most
"using"-type Appys for the cross that I could, just as I stick
with traditional "using" Arabians in my breeding program).  :)

Laura
"Not all who wander are lost." (jrr tolkien)