[RC] 2H straightload/Brenderup - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Dawn Simas dsimas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I highly recommend getting the DVD offered by Brenderup trailers on trailer
safety before buying a trailer.  www.brenderuprealtrailers.com  I'm not trying
to be a salesman here, but I own one and I can't say enough about the
difference it has made for me and my horses.  I've owned a 3 horse slant and
"American" style steel 2H strait loads, this is safer all the way around.
Think about it, as the post from S. Africa said, they use this style trailer
all over the world in many horsey countries, Europe/Australia, etc.  They have
to, they don't have big gas guzzling trucks like the U.S. does.  Therefore,
they don't have big heavy trailers like we do.  These trailers are lightweight
but strong, I load my rescued blind Friesian in it (more headroom than most
trailers) easily.  No fishtailing or swaying, better gas mileage in my Dodge
and my Mom can easily and safely pull it with her little Dakota.  I take out
the divider as easily as opening a door, you just swing it over and lift it
out.  I leave it at home most of the time and use it as a single horse trailer
so my boy has lots of room to move.  And it's roomy enough that I can even turn
him around to walk him down the ramp frontwards.  But the trailer is small
enough to maneuver in tight places.  Best of all worlds, IMO.  And no rust!!

It has a chest bar instead of a manger.  I believe that solid mangers are the
reason for people saying normal 2H straightloads aren't as safe.  That prevents
the horse from placing his feet in FRONT of his shoulders to balance, also
prevents him from lowering his head BELOW his withers for balance.  Also, on
longer rides, getting the head lower allows for natural nasal drainage to
prevent health concerns.

Sorry for the seemingly "slanted" post, but I can't say enough about these
little trailers.  Especially for safety and comfort of your horse.  Tried and
true for many decades in all other countries...

Dawn and Spookin' Amigo

have to join a gym or buy frilly outfits to get some
fitness.  A decent set of shoes and a 15 minute dismount here and there
will help.
~  Jon K. Linderman, Ph.D., FACSM, Assistant Professor of Health and Sport
Science, University of Dayton