Re: [RC] 2H straight load, safety concerns? - Becky Rohwer

 Amy,
      I haul many miles with a 2 horse straight load BP trailer.  I usually
haul 200 to 600 miles one way to get to a ride.  I usually am only hauling
one horse though.  I am able to move the center divider to one side and
latch it there so that the straight load kind of becomes a slant.  Basically
the horse has about 3/4 of the trailer space to stand in.  It gives my horse
a little more room, but is not roomy enough that she is able to spin around
or do anything too funky.  She seems to travel well in it that way.
      At a ride I went to recently there was a discussion about straight
versus slant.  The comment was made that a straight load is easier on the
horse for stops and starts, the slant load is easier on the curves.  So I
guess I have the best and worst of both combined.

 Becky R. - Montana

If people would just think of the hoof as the foundation for the horse like
a house foundation.  when your horse plants his foot down in the ground and
pushes forward if the foot isn't 100% balanced your chances of injury go
up.
~  Paula Blair