Re: [RC] Drinking on trail (human) -- Camelbak question - heidi

I use a waste Camelback.

Sorry, I don't usually comment about misspellings, but this one was just
TOOO funny, in light of a story I remember about ol' Frank Bennett...
(Those of you of yesteryear will remember Frank--very high-mileage rider
on multidays who rode mules, and somewhat along in years....)  Anyway,
Frank rode a multiday with my Dad (both were 68 years old at the time) and
Frank regaled Dad with stories of riding the XP after some sort of surgery
(prostate, I think) when he still had an indwelling urinary catheter.  He
said he just ran an extra-long piece of tubing down under his pant leg,
and "peed all the way across Nevada...."   I'm sure Jennifer meant a
"waist" Camelback, but the visual of a "waste" Camelback just reminded me
of what ol' Frank might have attached to his catheter when he was in the
trailer, so it wouldn't leak...  <vbg>

(Thought that story was appropriate at this time as well, given all the
tales of riding with broken bones and various other afflictions.... <g>)

Heidi

We are talking about all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm