[RC] Plastic shoes and hydration systems - Laura Hayes

I have long been a proponent of the Ground Control shoes, but have found a brand I like better- the Hippoplast has a better nailing channel and they are MUCH easier to nail in the right spot.  Sometimes I find the nail channel in the GCs is NOT where I need it, you can't shape it, and if the foot is pointier than the shoe, you have to take a chance or change where your optimum nail spot is - the Hippoplast eliminates that problem by having the channel extend to the edge of the shoe, giving more nailing options, and also gives you better traction.  I think Hippoplast wear a little faster than the GCs, but they still last for a shoeing.

I bought a hydration system in a fanny pack to take to XP2004, as I do not like things hanging on my shoulders.  It is ok for awhile but on a long ride it starts to feel restricting, so I un snap it from my waist and hang it on around the pommel of my saddle.

Laura Hayes AERC#2741