Re: [RC] Top five endurance horses-appys - Ed & Wendy Hauser

If I remember my Medieval history properly, these type of actions were very effective against the peasant foot soldiers.  The peasants usually ran away.  Part of the reason Henry of England was able to win at Agincourt was that he had trained his peasant Pikemen how to protect the longbowmen while they showered the noble knights with arrows.  The Pikemen were trained to use the pikes on the horses.  By the way, there were recent History Channel presentations on both Agincourt and Crece.  Recent research would indicate that the battles were more complicated than most history books indicate, but I digress into things not endurance related.

Before this time, partly because horses were so valuable, it was considered unsportsmanlike to try to kill a war horse.  There would always be a peasant back home to replace those trampled by the noble knights, but horses were hard to come by.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875