[RC] Nutrition/Feeding - DreamWeaver

 To make this supposedly more palatable and since we are
tring to avoid molasses I am adding corn oil. Three cups to approx. 4 lbs.
of grain.

Maybe not feed the corn oil? Three cups is a lot of oil, and my horses would disagree that it makes things more palatable <g>. I've got one that won't eat anything that has more than 1/4 cup of oil mixed in with it.

You mentioned allergies and a sensitivity to molasses. Does she have problems with any other types of feed, or is it just too much protein?

This chart is about as complete as it is going to get: http://members.tripod.com/ridephotos/molasses.html it shows various brands of feed and the molasses content. Be aware that just because molasses is not on the label of a horse feed product that it does not mean that there is no molasses in it!!

Karen
in NV

The whole ride experience can be very hard, and at times you question why
you put yourself through such abuse. But then you remember all those
moments when you pop up over a hill and are suddenly surrounded by the most
stunning views. It's just you and your horse and for a moment time stops
and you can hear the angels sing. Therein lies the addiction, at least for
me. ~ Leslie Beyers