[RC] Crystal's SR saddle and the plaster of Paris cast - Walter Cole

Hey Crystal,

Yes, I can give you some feedback about the plaster of Paris cast.   I made my first one in February, when I returned home from AERC convention, where I met Ray Gonzales
and ordered the SR Enduro.  1. Just follow his directions; they're excellent  2. Use as wide a plaster strip as you can.   I used a 4 inch, which I was provided by an orthopedic
surgeon, but Ray told me he could send 5 inch rolls, which would make it easier.  3. you definitely need two people---and quiet, serene, familiar surroundings, so the horse
won't move around. 4. After the cast is made, place it on something that won't deform it.  First I used the top of a couch;  the next day, when it had some rigidity, I used a saddle
rack.   Let it dry at least 3 or 4 days.   5. Use a carpenter's level to e sure the line you draw along the bottom is true  6.  Follow the  manufacturer's direction for the time you leave
each roll submerged in water. before sqeezing it out and applying it. 6. Pack it carefully:  I had mine done by Mailboxes-----a little more expensive, but it's worth it;  they're
professionals and it'll get to Ray intact.

When I finished, I remarked "I'll really be good at it the next time."  (And I hope there is no next time.)
Good luck; let me know how you make out.   Walter Cole

Walter Cole
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.