[RC] SR Saddles - Fitting Questions - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Crystal Montgomery crystalm2001@xxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm really wanting to get an SR Saddle this year for my gelding.  I ordered the
information, and saw the words "plaster of paris" in regards to
fitting...yikes!  It seems awfully complicated to take a plaster mold of my
horse's back.  Especially when he's rather fidgety.

Has anyone ever done this?  Tips? Pointers?  LOL...it sounds very difficult.  I
wonder if they could use those pads that you heat in the oven to make a mold?
I may email them and ask.

Just curious what your experiences were with trying this plaster of paris
business.  I'd hate to go through all that trouble just to have him move and
mess the whole thing up.

Thanks,
Crystal

taught to walk faster than you think.  It is one of the
most important qualities of a good riding horse.  Some have it naturally,
others need to learn. On the other hand, if you are riding a tired horse,
an easy jog is more efficient, covers more groumnd with less effort.  (it's
the rebound effect of the two beat trot)
~  Dot Wiggins