Re: [RC] Top five endurance horses - Ed & Wendy Hauser

You will find most saddle horse breeds mentioned, and their  owners may be right.

For example, I have yet to meet a Spanish Mustang that could out race a good Arab but I have known several that can put on an impressive number of miles each year. (Don Funk's Geronimo's Warrior for example).

I like half Arab, half Saddlebred (some are registered half Arab, some as National Show Horse).  I had an Anglo Arab with great potential, that I sold because he was to spooky for me.

I successfully campaigned a speed Quarter horse.  He was a bit heavy for warm weather, but a quararab from his line might have been awesome.

Some of the less numerous breeds like Shagya, and Akle Teke should be great, but one doesn't see many.  Probably in part because they are 10 times the cost of an Arab of equally good  breeding.  Wendy is thinking of breeding one of her CMK Arab mares to a Akle Teke.

The list can go on and on.

The common denominator seems to be horses with great confirmation, not to heavy bodied, that are brought along properly.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875