From: "Ridecamp Guest" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 6:48 PM
Subject: [RC] Horses drinking

Please Reply to: Skyla Stewart slstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can't help but chime in here, just to make ya all jealous. :o) My
Tempo horse, will get a huge drink of water, BEFORE starting. As
long as I give him a nice 10 minute or so warm-up, he wants his
water. He is one that will drink at the first water, and prefers
it be in the first mile. He has a nice big bucket all night, so
isn't "needy". My last horse would wait 15 or so miles before
drinking. I think I like "Mr. Water Me NOW", as I don't worry
so much. Plus it is a quick way to know if something isn't quite
right, early on. Haven't had that happen yet...knock on wood.

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano

REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight! Heidi
Sowards... but then again... REAL endurance is riding behind someone who
ate egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ author unkown