[RC] scratches - Jonni Jewell

There are many on this list with more experience on scratches that I have.
But, I have found there are different causes. I have a couple horses that
get it from the wet / moist pasture grass. They seemed to have benefited
from my clipping the pastern, as then, there is not as much hair to hold the
moisture. But scratches from different alkali soils seem different. You
might try to figure out the cause on this particular horse. I did find the
Micro Tek shampoo from Eqyss works very well for scrubbing them. And yes, I
had good luck with the Trail-rite cream. You can order it from them at this
web site:

http://www.trail-rite.com/

Jonni

The only thing worse than crewing for a female Endurance rider is crewing
for a wet, tired female Endurance Rider! A good crew person has patience, a
sense of humor, and knows that sometimes it's best to say nothing at all!
~  Jim Holland