[RC] Dave Nicholson article - Steve Shaw

I just came across an issue in "Trail Blazer" from April, 1982. The cover picture is of The Duck and includes a four page article, and interview of him from Susan Gibson.
Here we are 23 years later, and if you read his website and this article, nothing has changed. He says the same things about riding vs. racing, responsibility of the rider, enjoying the trail, that there are two types of endurance riders and horses, etc. etc. He does say that you have to start with stout horses, ones that know how to keep weight on.... well I seem to be doing that lately... :(
He is even wearing running shoes... wish I could have gotten him to do a ride and tie in those days...... He's got a "tude" about that sport, but if he did one I am sure he would think differently. It's FUN!
I wonder if Susan would let endurance.net reprint the article?
Steve

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want. ~ Homer Safferwiffle