[RC] 100 milers/horses& riders - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Jeanne Pepper pepperja@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sitting here checking for ticks after my ride today..getting ready for yet
another FIRST!1st race was Tevis 1980,also did Swanton Pacific 100(7th
place)the following season and Purina Race of Champions in 1985.Finished them
all.After that 100's took a back seat to starting several young horses over the
years.Now I'm trying a multi-day & in my usual style...a 5 day multi with a
horse that's only finished 50's.But he's always looking down that trail and
wanting to get there in a hurry,eyes big and ears UP!So I think he'll do
fine.Me...well that's another story but I always like a challange so we're
off!Oh yeh, I only halluncinated during the Tevis,the other rides weren't so
hot so I really think dehydration had alot to do with it.

will carry you a long way on a horse.
~  Frank Solano