Re: [RC] florida parking - Truman Prevatt

It's that time of the year. Spring time when the attentions of the bull gator turns to love. That's right it's alligator mating season. It's also the dry season - the swamp, ponds and lakes are at their driest so the many gators are roaming. So now you have a bunch of horney pissed off bull gators roaming around.

It is not uncommon to have them get into people's swimming pools or seek shade from the hot sun in peoples car ports, garages or even under their cars this time of year. Where I used to live I was within a mile of FL largest state park. The park was about a river - Myakka River State Park (with two large lakes). I had a creek running behind my place that dumped into the Myakka river. When I moved in my neighbor told me to always check under my car in the spring for gators. He also said don't get right up next to it till you check it since an unsuspecting person can get chomped if they aren't careful and there happens to be a gator under the car. He also said the last thing you wanted to do was try to move the car since a gator's tail and can play havoc with the under side of your car, breaking wires, breaklines, etc.  It never happened to me but it did happen to people from time to time.

Just all part of the beauty of living in an area so diverse in wildlife. Yet one more price we pay for paradise.

I saw that film clip. That was only a baby gator - couldn't have been longer than 5 feet. Now think about that same thing in a 14 foot package ;-).

Truman

Merryben@xxxxxxx wrote:
I thought of Truman last night watching the news...There was a news item on TV last night that showed some poor lady who had an alligator parked under her car in a parking lot.  When they tried to get it out, it bit a big chunk off the bumper.  Try explaining that one to your insurance company.....mb

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.